FGPG designed and produced an award winning, immersive, press event to launch the new Regent Seven Seas Grandeur, announce the exclusive partnership between Regent X Fabergé, and reveal the “Journey in Jewels” Fabergé egg— the first Fabergé to reside permanently at sea.
FGPG was tapped to create a press event designed to showcase the new Regent Seven Seas Grandeur which would be launching in 2024, announce the exclusive partnership between Regent X Fabergé, and reveal the first-look at the stunning “Journey in Jewels” Fabergé egg, which would be the centerpiece of the new luxury cruise lines art collection.
Additional challenges included:
- Creating an elevated experience for the upscale audience that covers the luxury space, and luxury influencers in attendance
- Give attendees “an experience” to remember
- Find ways that the experience itself could generate content from attendees for scale
Our strategy focused on the insight that “access to luxury” is critical to driving press attendance. So we designed a multi-phased press experience that invited our guests to first enjoy a bespoke gallery experience that featured replicas of the high end art found on Regent Seven Seas Cruises, and an impressive Fabergé showcase that included stunning jewelry, watches, art, and an exclusive showing of the $2.2 Million “Game of Thrones” Fabergé egg. Here, they also enjoyed a taste of luxury as we offered up high end, artfully crafted Hor d’oeuvres, top shelf signature cocktails, and champagne, all of which was inspired by the impressive menus found on Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
The hero of the evening was a projection mapped immersive experience, hidden behind a curtained off room that surprised guests with awe and wonder as they stepped inside for the main event.
Blending art, sea, and storytelling, after the first “gallery” act of the evening, we invited guests into the hero experience where they suddenly found themselves surrounded by the sights and sounds of being at sea. Here, beautiful swirling waves blended with architectural renderings of the new Regent Seven Seas Grandeur intertwined with a watercolor brush strokes that showcased a behind the scenes look at the “making of” the new “Journey in Jewels” Fabergé egg.
The content was set to act as a teaser to a moment where key Regent and Fabergé leaders would be the focus, giving them the perfect visual backdrop and to share their key press and marketing messages, and vision for the future of the partnership before the big “reveal press moment” that everyone came for— the first look of the new “Journey in Jewels” Fabergé egg set inside a giant frame.
After the reveal of the “Journey in Jewels” our immersive space transformed into an immersive visual gallery, enabling the press, attendees, and client leaders to conduct interviews and photo moments in front of the art and stunning visual landscape.
The evening culminated with an exclusive gift, a limited edition, signed and numbered print of the new Fabergé “Journey in Jewels” egg along with a few other thoughtful gifts to thank our guests for the time they spent with us.
- The story was picked up by every major luxury travel publication and the event itself garnered 25% more guests than originally anticipated.
- The event garnered 25% more guests than orginally anticipated
- The content we created for the immersive experience was rescaled for media distribution and in turn was picked up and featured on numerous key publications websites
- Covered by major publications and online luxury publications including: Forbes, Robb Report, The Executive Magazine, Luxury Daily, VMagazine, Professional Jeweller, Luxury Travel Advisor, Seatrade Cruise News, Cruise Passenger, Aspire Lifestyle, Virtuoso, Porthole Cruise and Travel, #1 Power Travel, and more…
- Event Marketer Hidden Gems Award: Silver Best Product Launch Event