FG|PG launched the new Marvel SNAP game at New York Comic Con, igniting buzz with Marvel fans, gamers, and the press thanks to a show stoping experience that blended scenic design with a mind bending, game fueled, multi-media, cosmic content capture ride central activation — The Marvel SNAP Cosmic Collector’s Cube Experience.
Marvel, in partnership with Bytedance (TikTok parent company) and Nuverse (the game developer), was about to launch its first ever, fast paced, adrenaline fueled, strategic card battler game— Marvel Snap. The free to play game would bring together every character in the Marvel multiverse which had never been done before, creating a unique offering to comic book fans and gamers of all ages.
The primary objectives of launching at New York ComicCon was to drive buzz in the industry for the launch, bring the game to life, drive pre-registrations and downloads, and create a showcase moment to reveal all the unique features and wide variety of characters from across the Marvel multiverse.
Additional challenges included:
- Finding a way to showcase the 200+ variety of characters and cards that are a part of the game itself which take time to earn and are revealed through actual gameplay.
- Ensuring the game elements became a hero, shareable part of the attendees experience
- Breaking through the clutter of New York ComicCon to drive traffic, buzz, and downloads
To showcase the game and tap into Marvel fandom, we created a multi-media, tech infused, Marvel SNAP experience unlike anything attendees at ComicCon had ever seen before.
Through custom scenic design and digital integration, we immersed people into the story by recreating details of the cinematic gaming trailer. This included bringing to life the iconic Daily Bugle building with a hidden Spiderman, Oscorp Industries, and a NYC bodega that served up our gaming stations. Every design element was crafted to create endless Marvel photo ops for attendees.
AT THE CENTER OF IT ALL WAS OUR SHOW STOPPING ACTIVATION —
THE MARVEL SNAP COLLECTOR’S CUBE EXPERIENCE.
Modeled after the Cosmic Cube within the game, as people stepped inside our giant Collectors Cube, they were instantly transported into a mind-bending, game fueled, cosmic content capture ride. We utilized digital screens hidden behind two-way mirrors, showcasing over 50 pieces of custom animated content and 200+ Marvel SNAP cards. A 360° soundscape featured SFX and authentic character voiceovers. Mirrors across every surface made it feel like you were drifting in infinite cosmic space; moving through a star portal; on a fast moving never-ending card powered elevator ride; and at the center of a live “in-game” card battle. It was all designed to ensure attendees, and TikTok and gamer influencers, could capture content from every angle, creating endless variations that they then shared across the digital and social landscape.
Gameplay stations, dozens of fun hidden easter egg graphics, giveaways, and the chance to meet the developers and gaming influencers rounded out the experience.
- The experience garnered over 200,000 live attendee engagements
- 130M+ Total Media Impressions
- The Marvel SNAP launch generated over 5.4 Million downloads for the game in just the first week and $2 Million in First Week Revenue – breaking records
- #1 Most Downloaded App on Google Play and Apple App Store
- Covered by major publications and online influencers including: Adweek “The “The Most Mind-Blowing Brand Activations at New York Comic Con 2022”, AdAge, BizBash, Muse by Clio, PC Gamer, The Verge, IGN, Gizmodo, Collider, BGR, Hypebeast, Yahoo Finance, Shack News, Digitaltrends, ComicCon.com, The Washington Post
- Ex Award: Gold
- American Business Awards (AKA: The Stevie Awards) – 9X Gold + Most Awarded Agency of the Year
- Muse Creativity Awards – (4X Platinum, 1X Gold)
- One Show Awards Shortlist
- ADC Awards Shortlist
- The Drum Awards – Marketing Americas – Finalist
Gallery of Photos