As an Associate Creative Director at FG|PG, you’re a creative thinker, doer, and leader with expertise in crafting B2B and B2C events, exhibits, and experiences that include being able to strategize and create attendee and user journeys— through a mix of storytelling, presentation design, graphic design, experiential design, copywriting, and 3D Renderings. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping to shape high-level creative strategy and directions for a mix of projects, both B2B and B2C, as well as being a hands-on creator that can effortlessly move from strategy to 3D rendering to pitching to clients to working collaboratively with teams across the agency. You’ll be expected to be a proactive thinker and doer and help lead and work with various individuals and teams. You’ll be the lead creative on specific client engagements and new business pitches from brief to live and be a vital player across all agency initiatives. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who loves being a maker and is a hands-on team player who can take direction as quickly as possible. That means you’ve got one foot grounded in pushing creative innovation and the other in helping shape strategic business driving solutions. You’re also an optimist that thrives on pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This role requires the ability and agility to generate and own over-arching creative concepts, content approaches, 3D and graphic design and copy directions while also leading/mentoring juniors and creative project teams to deliver the next wave of 360˚ experience-first marketing solutions that blend live, digital, virtual, and content solutions.
Working with the Chief Creative Officer, the CEO, General Manager, and varying team leads, you’ll look beyond explicit assignments and identify broader, long-term opportunities for FG|PG clients.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong B2B experience and 3D rendering skills mandatory, + B2C experiential expertise (activations, stunts, sponsored events, etc.)
- Responsible for 360˚ conceptual and design thinking across live and virtual events and experiences, content, B2B conference design, and trade show booth design
- Ability to work on your own and with our integrated internal and external teams to deliver strategically grounded, innovative, creative ideas that maintain a cohesive design language and brand voice/identity
- Work with a diverse group of creatives (staff/freelance) with varying skills to fearlessly push each concept/project to the limit while fostering an inclusive culture that empowers the sharing of ideas
- Support and build a culture of creative excellence grounded on mutual respect, trust, and collaboration across departments
- Helps to win new clients, attract brilliant creative talent to the organization, and build a bench of freelance experts for every type of assignment
- Develops relationships with clients and plays a vital role in client presentations, consistently demonstrating a high level of ability to sell an idea, respond to questions, and communicate the agency’s point of view
- Reviews incoming job starts, creative briefs, and other forms of project initiation to ensure the team has essential information and sufficient time
- Helps to identify and delegate resource needs based on the type of job, timeline, and budget
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of experience design to the completion of significant assignments— managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Has an understanding of content creation across digital, social, and print platforms for varying projects
- Assists Account Directors with building strong client relationships and acts as a critical client representative for the creative team
- Works within specified deadlines; edits and revises work based on stakeholder feedback
- Collaborates with stakeholders from across the disciplines such as Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Fabrication
- Is a great presenter that can communicate creative, strategic, and design intent internally to team members and externally to our clients
- Tracks and manages multiple parallel deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Attends on-site events and shoots as needed to ensure the vision comes to life
- Stays abreast of culture, industry, art/design, and technology trends
- Supports FG|PG values
- All other duties as required
- An industry background in Experience in Design, Advertising, Marketing, or a relevant field
- Strong B2B experience PLUS 3D Rendering skills (tradeshow booth design and renderings; conference strategy, design, and attendee journey; keynote content understanding, presentation design, and copywriting to sell ideas and create pitch decks; B2C activations, pop-ups, and stunts a plus)
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in an agency or related field with a stellar creative portfolio
- 3D Rendering Skills a Mandatory for this Role
- A College Degree
- Previous experience as a Senior Creative, ACD, or CD with 3D rendering skills, with a proven ability to produce great work, collaborate with others, manage timelines and deliverables, and mentor when needed
- Innovative conceptual skills and excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional knowledge of experience design, environmental design, 3D rendering, graphic design, branding, copywriting, and experiential marketing. Experience in the video, motion design, and web/virtual development is a plus
- Is a self-motivated culture junkie with interests in the world around us, including B2B and B2C – music, sports, film, entertainment, art, and industry trends
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, rendering software (Sketchup, Rhino, 3D Max, VRay, etc.), Google Slides, and all relevant programs
- Ability to be a generalist across multi-media approaches and a specialist in 3D rendering PLUS either copywriting and graphic design
- Must be able to manage several projects at a time – with a hands-on role doing, leading, and managing freelancers
- Natural communicator with strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Positive attitude, genuine team player, and a self-starter approach to tackling challenges and opportunities
On-site, Remote, or a mix of both.
We are ideally looking for someone that can work out of our Huntington Beach, CA Headquarters with the freedom to also work remotely at times. Ultimately, we’re simply looking for great talent, wherever they live… with proximity to Huntington Beach, CA, or NYC a plus.
Travel up to 15%
FG|PG does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions). All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.